The Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario
Many individuals have longed to own a thoroughbred race horse, but don’t know how to get involved within the industry. The Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario wanted to help make this process easier for you to understand and get involved in.
Have you asked yourself any of the following questions:
- How to I purchase a horse?
- How do I become a part of a Syndicate, and what exactly is a Syndicate?
- How do I find a Trainer?
- Where can I purchase thoroughbreds?
Don’t worry you have come to the right place. We will answer these questions for you and more.
The HBPA has created a “New Owners” section where you can find the following information:
- Trainers looking for Owners
- Syndicates for Owners to Join
- The Different types of Ownership
- Options on Purchasing a Horse